Re: [pygame] Is there some type of hex codes to rgb converter or something?

Lamonte Harris wrote:
It works well for me.  Its just a snippet i grabed from my class O_o.
The fact that it works doesn't mean it's good practice.
This also works:
a = 1
b = a + 1
c = b + 1
d = c + 1
e = d + 1
but it's much more common (and better practice) to just straight-away say
e = 5
unless you really need all those intermediate values. And still that wouldn't be the best way to assign them. Your class isn't designed correctly if your methods don't do anything but return values. This is for many reasons: efficiency, maintainability, readability, etc. etc. But in general, the Object Oriented paradigm is centered around objects that are collections of data and methods (related functions) that act on data. If your classes just take in external data and output data externally to the class, they're not objects. Then you're just using classes to group functions which may or may not be related, and no data involving them. I was trying to word it in a way that was less critical, but that's the general meaning I was trying to get across: your class should be modifying data internally. It's possible that the rest of your class does, and for some reason or another you just had to code this method this way, but since I can't see your code I can only assume.
-Luke