Re: [pygame] How do I make a image transparent?

Luke Paireepinart wrote:
But this is per-pixel alpha, which is slower than colorkey transparency, I believe.

In theory it may be, but I haven't found this to be a
problem. As a benefit, you get better-looking results
due to anti-aliasing of the edges (assuming your alpha
channel has been created appropriately, and doesn't
just consist of all 0 or 255).

Two ways that I have used to create anti-aliased
alpha channels:

1) Use the magic wand tool in Photoshop.

2) (more recently) Import the image into Intaglio,
draw a path around it, create a masked group, and
use Save Selection As.

--
Greg