Re: [pygame] Question - Comparing strings

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 8:15 AM, kschnee <kschnee@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On a dissenting note, I'm one of those deviants who names functions with
CamelCase, on the theory that lc_with_underscores confuses functions and
variables.
Me as well--only I use uppercase for pretty much everything--from functions to classes and variables (although in the case of class methods, I often use lowercase).  It is all a question of aesthetics, to me.  I assumed a standard, but I don't really care about standards :P  I also didn't know it was called "CamelCase".

For example, if SpaceRock is a class, an instance might be like Asteroid1 = SpaceRock().  A method might be Asteroid1.explode() because Explode() doesn't look right to me.  I might make a variable Screen = (800,600) because that looks nice.

I know, crimes against Python-ity.  So sue me.  Anyway, irrelevant topic; back to reality!

Ian