Re: [pygame] pygame web plugin

On 9/6/08, J Dunford <smilechaser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 6:07 PM, machinimist@xxxxxxxxx <machinimist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi,

i would like to bring up this topic again since a python based open source alternative to flash which could be used to create browser games would be super awesome. :)

if i understand this correctly then the main problem of something like that is security.

In my experience, the general consensus with sandboxing python is - don't try it. There are simply too many holes to plug, and finding them in the first place is often a matter of trial and error.

Having said that, there was a blog post recently (sorry, don't remember where) that talked about compiling Python into Tamarin VM code. There was some mention of either using PyPy as a starting point, or perhaps as a reference model.

So what you're proposing may already be in the works. :)

yes, such projects are interesting... hopefully someday we will have the choice of other languages than _javascript_ in the browser.

what about silverlight and moonlight? are they taking off? i didn't hear much anymore about them after the first announcements.