[snip]

> With regards to Pygame and Python
> in the Web Browser for a gaming
> platform, I do not believe this will
> happen anytime soon, nor do I think
> it's a generally godo idea -- Unless
> the Web Community and Industry decides
> that Python is a better language than
> JavaScript (and it is), and start implementing
> this as a standard in Web Browsers.

One option that I didn't see mentioned in this thread is the new
IronPython. IronPython is a new open source implementation of a fully
compliant Python. There is also an open source project called Moonlight
that allows IronPython to run in the browser.

> However, you will still likely not get pygame
> games running! :)

That is a fact. But perhaps a new project could focus on Moonlight.

-Doug