Re: [pygame] shadow demo

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 6:16 PM, René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is because the shadow mapping in that code is happening in the
frame buffer.  If you move it to an off-screen buffer(FBO, or
pbuffer), then you can increase the resolution.  Of course FBOs, and
pbuffers aren't available on all cards, so the framebuffer method as a
fallback is still needed.
I will certainly look into this, thanks!

I just added the near and far planes too, so now if you know where the object is, and its bounding sphere, you can easily get the dimensions of the light's viewport.  The quality right now with resolution 512 is close to subpixel even up close for the demos I showed.  The next version of the library will include this standard, of course.

Ian