Re: [pygame] pymike!

( note: I wanted to post this to the new pygame website thread, but I was confused as it sounded like there were multiple websites, I didn't know who I should even mention this to. )

I did a quick search, and the first 5 or 6 are not on pymike's website.

The google search is hard to use, because it doesn't give much needed info, and others that is the same across all.

It wouldn be best if pygame.com used an integrated search, meaning the search output would look like search by tag: [ http://www.pygame.org/tags/shooter ]

But would work for non-tags, ie: with any string, and searches project description + title.

[as a tangent, in advanced search it could add the ability to search for dependancies. Or maybe that'd be too hard to detect / bigger pain than worth ? ]

Ideally: the table output would be:
--------BEGIN: short search

result [1]
    [ thumbnail ] [ name version ] [ last updated ] [ author ] [  tags(trunc) ]
    [ desc(trunc) ]

result [2]
    [ img ] [ pySpaceInvaders v1.2.3 ] [ 2009/04/03 ] [ jim brooks ] [  arcade, shooter... ]
    [ has 2 cheat modes. Animation is done by flipping 2D images. Unimplemented are the... ]

result [3]

--------END: short search

Note, the ellipsis are because it is using the gmail variable truncation style. [ go to your inbox, and it shows preview text for each email, depending on browser width ]

So if your browser is 800px wide, table is 800px wide. If it is 1024px wide, table is wider and therefore more of the tags / description text is visible.
And

Or if that is too short, could easily keep description ( first paragraph) and full tag listing, like so:

--------BEGIN: full search

result [1]
    [ img ] [ pySpaceInvaders v1.2.3 ] [ 2009/04/03 ] [ jim brooks ]
    [  tags: arcade shooter retro oldschool remake spaceinvaders ]
    [ desc: Has 2 cheat modes. Animation is done by flipping 2D images. Unimplemented are the shield-walls,
sounds, that occasionally-appearing top-row invader. Was written in 2 days. Developed/tested on UNIX
systems (Linux/FreeBSD/Mac) with Python 2.6/3.x.  ]

result [2]
--------END: full search

--
Jake