Re: [pygame] pygame parachute and inconsistent interned sting state - but only on Slackware 13.0 32 bit

On Saturday 12 September 2009, Jason M. Marshall wrote:
> > > having your own select module is a problem.
>
> Actually, duplicating standard module names is not a problem if you put
> your scripts within a package structure. Then, you may use a syntax like
> "from my_game_package import select" to import your module unambiguously.
>
> http://docs.python.org/tutorial/modules.html#packages

Thanks.  I think my problem that I have created there is that I have tried to
make my app, a simple media player for my media pc, use a package structure
using setuptools.  However, I have not understood packages and have imported
files directly as if I weren't using such a structure - I think - as I learn
I'll sort it out.  Thanks for the reference.

Pete

--
Peter Chant
http://www.petezilla.co.uk