Re: [pygame] pygame parachute and inconsistent interned sting state - but only on Slackware 13.0 32 bit

On Friday 11 September 2009, René Dudfield wrote:
> ah.  that stack trace doesn't show where the problem is... looks like
> the stack is getting corrupted.
>
> yeah, having your own select module is a problem.  Since the select
> module is a python one that other python modules use.  It's an
> annoying problem with the python module system :(

Hmm.  I'm fairly new to python.  I was trying to work out if modules ran
similarly to namespaces.

> So can you try renaming your module, and see if that fixes the problem?

Yes, but guess what the answer is, no luck.  I renamed select.py pselect.py
and housekeeping.py phousekeeping.py.

Pete

--
Peter Chant