Re: [pygame] EXE: Narrowing Down the Problem

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 03:36:35PM +0000, Kris Schnee wrote:
> Could it be that I'm doing something wrong with the basic steps involved?

I can't tell you if this is causing your problems, but you definitely
don't want to be copying your .py file or anything else into C:\Python26

You should not be manually modofying that directory or anything in it.

> -Copy the .py files used in the program to C:\Python26
> -Have a setup.py in that directory too
> -Open a command prompt and go to C:\Python26

Your program should be somewhere else. I usually keep mine in "My
Documents\src\projectname"

> -Type "python setup.py py2exe"
> -Go to C:\Python26\dist
> -Copy relevant graphics &c. directories into C:\Python26\dist; N/A for test
> program
> -Type the program's name as an EXE
> -Copy *.dll from C:\Python26\libs\site-packages\pygame when that doesn't
> work, along with freesansbold.ttf, and try again.

I don't know whether working in the C:\python26 directory could be
interfering with the operation of py2exe, but it is not impossible.

I have done all of my py2exe packaging using python 2.5
If I get a chance to upgrade to 2.6 I'll let you know if your simple
text case works for me.

---
James Paige