Re: [pygame] car game mechanics

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Joe Ranalli <jranalli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The article that Nathan linked does provide a method for more complex treatment of a car.  Instead of treating the car as simply rotating about its center, they're accounting for the fact that a real car steers using its front wheels while the back wheels are fixed.  Even implementing that approach in python using Nathans current programming method would cause unrealistic behavior due to similar rounding and transformation size errors .

I read that article and I think I found a problem with the algorithm it presents. If you try to implement that algorithm and it gives you bad results, check out the comment that I left there.

-Christopher