Re: [pygame] pygame download page still reccomends python 2.5

I second this, mostly because the statement that version 2.5 is the "best Python on Windows" is simply untrue, as far as I can tell. I guess there must have been issues in the past or something (I didn't start using Pygame until around the time Python 2.7 came out, so I don't know), but right now, I know of absolutely no issues with Python 2.6 or Python 2.7. I don't even usually make my programs compatible with Python 2.5 (mostly because I use the str.format method and "from __future__ import print_function"). It's an ancient version at this point.

--- On Thu, 9/29/11, James Paige <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: James Paige <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pygame] pygame download page still reccomends python 2.5
To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, September 29, 2011, 9:48 PM

I was talking with a new programmer who is just getting started with
python and pygame. After a lot of confusion, I realized that he had
downloaded pygame-1.9.1.win32-py2.5.msi by mistake. The download page
still has bold text proclaiming "(python2.5.4 is the best python on
windows at the moment)"

If anybody knows any reason why that is still true, please correct me,
but I think instead of bold text to reccomend one version over others,
there should just be a message saying that a person should take care to
download the version that matches their python version.

No matter who I am, the "best" version of pygame is the one that will
work on my computer ;)

---
James Paige