Re: [pygame] set new recommendation to which version of pygame?

Or just allow that discussion to remain on the Python site (http://wiki.python.org/moin/Python2orPython3). Unless Pygame itself has issues with certain versions of Python, there is no place for this discussion on pygame.org, IMO.

--- On Fri, 9/30/11, James Paige <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: James Paige <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [pygame] set new recommendation to which version of pygame?
To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, September 30, 2011, 6:00 PM

We should not be reccomending any specific version. We should just make
it clear to new users that they have to get the pygame that matches
their version of python.

All the nuances of which version is best for different reasons are
important, but trying to explain them on the download page will only
confuse newcomers.

Maybe just a link on the downloads page that leads to a separate page
titled "How to decided which python+pygame version is best for me"

---
James Paige