Re: [pygame] Redesigning the pygame.org website

> As far as I know there was an effort to do that, but it never got live.

Yep, Devon, Orcun and I worked on a new site back in 2009 for nearly one
year. It had some quite nice features (imo) and Devon designed a stylish ui.
It never got live cause the pygame core team did not want to use it and
we did not have the time (and motivation) to launch it as stand alone site.
However, its still there in the repos. The backend is made with Django
and it has build-in support for embedded sphinx documentation as well as
a trac instance integrated (for wiki, tickets and repo viewer). If
anyone wants to launch it or take it as source of inspiration or use it
in any other way, feel free to do so.

For the full story have a look at the mailing list archives.