[pygame] TMX support in pygame

Hello everyone! Â

I'm a long time user of pygame and active member of #pygame under the handle bitcraft. ÂI help many people who stumble into the channel to build their first game in pygame. ÂI've also released and maintain a couple small libraries PyTMX and Pyscroll to help new users develop using the Tiled Map Editor.

https://github.com/bitcraft/PyTMX
https://github.com/bitcraft/pyscroll

The Tiled Map Editor is widely known in the indie game community and many popular game development ecosystems include out-of-the-box support for it, including pyglet, cocos2d-x, allegro5, libgdx, and many others.

I am confident that PyGame will benefit from a TMX loader that it is integrated into the core and documented on pygame.org.

As maintainer of PyTMX and pyscroll, I would like to nominate these projects to be integrated into the pygame core. ÂThey both support python 2.7 and 3.3+ and I have tried to make them feel like native pygame libraries; and they even work well with the spite/group concept. ÂThe only library that it depends on outside of the python standard lib is the six module.

There are of other loaders available as well, and I will list them as well for the consideration of the pygame core developers. ÂMy apologies if I have overlooked another tiled TMX map format project. Â

http://www.pygame.org/project/1158/
http://pytmxlib.readthedocs.org/en/v0.1.0/
https://bitbucket.org/r1chardj0n3s/pygame-tutorial/src/a383dd24790d/tmx.py
https://github.com/renfredxh/tmx

Thank you everyone and I look forward to hearing your comments.