Re: [pygame] what is the use of Rect.move(offsetX, offsetY) for moving an image?

thanks for responding to my questions. and thanks for the helpful
ideas. i'm still very much in learning mode with pygame. with python
too actually.

On 9/5/15, bw <stabbingfinger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's convenient. Also, in my experience move() is faster than "rect.x +=
> 1; rect.y += 1" even though it creates a new Rect object.
>
> I use it in the case where I have a map of objects that is bigger than
> the screen. The screen is a viewport that pans around. move() is
> valuable in converting the objects from real space to screen space.
>
> On 9/5/2015 6:29 PM, tom arnall wrote:
>> you mean by manipulating Rect.x  etc?  yep that works fine and that's
>> how i handle the problem.
>>
>> but why have the move() method in pygame at all? i mean, what do
>> people use it for typically?
>>

>> On 9/5/15, bw <stabbingfinger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> You are correct, sir. The Rect methods convert your inputs to int, at
>>> which point precision is lost. If we want finer spatial calculations we
>>> must keep them in forms that don't lose precision, and apply them to the
>>> Rect object as needed.

âOnce you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing
that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.â Albert
Einstein

âI have no special talents, only a passionate and stubborn curiosity.â
Albert Einstein