[pygame] music.queue not working on Raspberry Pi

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but I just can't get the queue function to work. I'm using Python 3.4.2 under the latest Jessie release on a Pi 3. I have tested with mp3, wav, and ogg files.

    PATHAUDIO = '/home/pi/Music/'
    ext = '.mp3'
    pygame.mixer.init()
    pygame.mixer.music.load(PATHAUDIO + 'first' + ext)
    pygame.mixer.music.play(2)
    pygame.mixer.music.queue(PATHAUDIO + 'second' + ext)
    #pygame.mixer.music.play()
    print('done')

The first audio file gets played three times, but the second one is never played.

Pygame v1.9.2a0, SDL 1.2.15