Re: Pyla on Linux Workstations

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 19:02, Daniel E. Markle wrote:
> It would be nice if pyla supported ~/.pylarc files on Linux or some
> similar structure.  I know pyla has the ability to specify config files
> on the command line, so there are two approaches:
>
> -A wrapper script that looks for a ~/.pylarc, copies it from the default
> profile if it doesn't find one, or starts pyla with the appropriate
> command line if one is found.
>
> -Integrating support for ~/.pylarc in the program.
>
> Integrating it would be a cleaner solution, and if done well could
> provide support for the newer windows "documents and settings/user"
> hierarchy on windows as well as the OS X home directory structure.
The reason why Pyla doesn't support this kind of config location is that
it is designed to work on a network drive.
Anyway I think that would be wise to add an option to enable the
~/.pylarc too, in this way it would be simplier to manage a multi-user
installation.
I'll think about this feature.

Thanks for the advice.

Bye.