Re: Pyla on OS X

Daniel E.Markle wrote:

I'm trying to get Pyla working on Panther. I've installed the full batteries included tk package and the MacPython panther supplement with the tkinter binary. Pyla works fine, comes up with a gui and everything, until I enter a valid server hostname and restart. Then, whenever I start pyla again it hangs with nothing coming up, then after about 5 minutes, it spits out this error:

[SNIP]
Then the gui comes up, but without the normal connection information and/or job list.

This same codebase is working fine on Linux and Windows XP workstations, connecting to the same server, leading me to believe it's a Panther issue. I'll see if I can give it a try on a Jaguar box here later and see if I have better results.

Daniel E. Markle

You are probably right that this is a Pather issue. We won't have a Panther machine here for a few days, so I am not in a position to test...

There are some threads going on in the Pythonmac-sig mailing list discussing issues people are having with Panther and MacPython. I would suggest you post the errors there and see what they say.

The come post here and post the answers for the rest of us :-).

Adam Augustine