Re: [school-discuss] Easy-to-use gradebook software

hello,

we wrote to this list because its where teachers are available to give us
input :-)? (means : a happy question ...)

mysql/php/apache would be low heartburn for us, that's our normal venue.
so that's our platform ... any problems ?

we're starting a list for batch transfers via cron and basmiti et al is on it.
so we are saying external interfaces can be characterized as scheduled batch
jobs meant to run off shift and unattended.

if we write the application so that config files consist of questions /
directives and generate the inputs for a make (like configuring a mainframe
for instance) then we will get large variation for smaller coding investment.
but that's just an implementation detail.

is

oreconfig ----[gen] -----> source libs --------> build ----------> make :
install is complete.

we pick this form factor because it is most tolerant of well, frankly,
mistakes.  it also yields a lot of working result per hour of development.

ideas don't get work accomplished.  that's why God made prototypes :-)

we'll try to squeeze in as much of everything that shows up on the list
between now and may 1st  - then may 1st  - June 1st  code / test and finally
download working alpha at YOUR digs starting June 15th.

cvs can serve for versioning but how to recruit / select the order and
precedence of changes - this list/group can make that determination.
we won't be much help to you in that, sorry.  but if you line them up, we'll
shoot them down.

i like to "emit" a new release that replaces existing release (usually) every
10-16 weeks.

all ears on this end.

mike eschman, etc...
"Not just an afterthought ...