Re: [school-discuss] Re: New Foundry Request / Educational

[snip]
in general, i find win95 to be more stable than win98 or winme ...
also, bumping the memory to 256 meg (mem cheap these days)
will up the number of allowable concurrent connections considerably.

of course, linux will provide better results than any ms alternate.
[/snip]
Very ture, try using the siege program (
http://www.joedog.org/siege/index.shtml ) for testing the performance of web
applications.  I found that my dual processor system, running FreeBSD at
that time, could easily handle hundreds of concurrent connections.  The
limiting factor between the two systems(server and system running test from)
became the 100 Mbs switched ethernet.