Re: [school-discuss] EduML/EML/ and others

hello,

designs have to be prototyped to be successful.
module level prototyping is cost effective
and well suited to collaboration.

writing a 5000 line specification without benefit of feedback
from working code is risky at best.  that's why, in some cases,  w3c builds
reference implementation code throughout the development of the
specification. [ ref. jigsaw for http and amaya for browsers ].

sometimes committee members spend the whole session reviewing
prototype code.

we ported jigsaw to s/390 unix services and
wrote a redbook on this together with ibm.

the redbook can be downloaded from our HISTORY page. (.pdf).

mike eschman, etc...
"Not just an afterthought ...
http://www.engima.com