Re: [school-discuss] Peruvian project?

El Lun 22 Abr 2002 17:41, escribió:
> I heard that there's "a law project for implementing ONLY free
> software in all goverment entities."  This website was then
> referenced.  Could some of our native Spanish speakers take a look
> and see if this fits with Schoolforge's objectives?  Thanks.
>
> http://www.gnu.org.pe/main.html

Hmmm,
http://www.gnu.org.pe/proley1.html
Seems a quite reasonable exposition of matter of principles, and it states
clearly :
 ARTÍCULO 2º.- Los Poderes Ejecutivo, Legislativo y Judicial, los Organismos
Descentralizados y las Empresas donde el Estado posea mayoría accionaría,
emplearán en sus sistemas y equipamientos de informática exclusivamente
programas o software libres.

That is:
Article 2- The government, the senate and the judge power, independent
government institutes and corporations which stock is owned by the state in a
51 %, will use ONLY (exclusively) free software and equipment in their
systems.

(that includes state schools )

Regretfully, article 4  opens the door for commercial software.

 ARTÍCULO 4º.- En caos de no existir una solución que utilice software libre
y permita satisfacer una necesidad determinada, los organismos estatales
mencionados en el artículo 2º podrán adoptar las siguientes alternativas
prelativamente:

Article 4. whenever it doesn't exist a software solution for a problem, and
a need can't be met, government institutes of article 2 can take the
following alternatives:

So, a pro-microsoft government can apply article 4.
Will it be pro-microsoft government in the future, as there's pro-WMF today ?

Anyway, it's a very promising law. Not because it'll be applied in Peru, but
because it can be taken as example in other countries.

---
MGA