RE: [school-discuss] LTSP First Time - why not net-boot?

Daniel,

As I have mentioned before the server will do fine - it has sufficent RAM.
The clients will need more RAM. Otherwise they are fine (except for the
MS windows installed on them)..

As for documentation the two following resources will give you what you
need:

* Remote Network Boot via PXE:
  http://www.kegel.com/linux/pxe.html

* NFS-Root mini-HOWTO:
  http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/NFS-Root.html

* NFS-Root-Client Mini-HOWTO:
  http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/NFS-Root-Client-mini-HOWTO/index.html

Have fun!

Cheers,

Richard

--
Dr Richard Wraith                             rgw@trinity.unimelb.edu.au
Director of IT & T and the Trinity Learning Innovation Centre