From: owner-schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of CPE-SAT (German Bustos)
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 5:51 AM
To: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Angela Patricia Nocua
Subject: [school-discuss] Looking for an international lecturer on free software in schools

Hi,

My name is German Bustos, I'm contractor for Computadores para Educar, a
Colombian government program which has brought computers for thousands
of Colombian public schools since 2001, this program offers also
teacher's training in the use of computers in classes. All these
computers are running MS Windows, but there is a growing interest in
free software. Packages like OpenOffice.org and Mozilla are been tested
to be used on those machines.

A national meeting of teachers using computers will take place at June
28th, 29th and 30th in Bogotá, it is expected that at least 500 teachers
from all the country would participate y that meeting.

We are looking for an international lecturer who can teach Colombian
educators how to use free software in their classes and schools, what
are the advantages of this kind of software specifically for education.
We have special interest in the use of computer technologies in teaching
subjects like math, language and science.

We are also contacting national groups that promote free software to
participate in the meeting.

Can you please help me to find such a lecturer?

Thanks a lot,

--

Germán Bustos