[school-discuss] Example teacher request for OSS

Further to Sharon and Justin's comments about making it easy for teachers looking for open source software applications, here is a request from one of my 4th grade teachers. I scanned the App Index, and the applications listed under geography look more like tools to build something or complex GIS apps, as opposed to applications for students to learn basic map skills, geography, or latitude and longitude. Anyone have any suggestions? Daniel

Hi Daniel,

4^th grade team is wondering in regards to one of our IB units on
geography--

Does Linux edutainment have any programs for map skills, geography, or
latitude and longitude, etc?

Is there some open software we could download to Linux for this?

Thanks,

Craig