Re: [school-discuss] OT: Failure to unsubscribe properly: a case of learned helplessness

On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 02:50 -0700, Malc wrote:

> > > On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 15:53 -0500, Darryl Caldwell wrote:
>
> > > to the head-spinning pace of change over those twelve years.  In
> > spite
> > > of the fact that list unsbscription instructions are simple and are
> > > usually readily accessible,
>
> Really? I would say not.
> [...]
> This is not on the footer of every mail I receive from this group.
> Why not? It would be helpful.
>
> One very small detail, but applicable to many areas.

Not quite the same, but the unsubscription instructions are included in
every message, in this header line:

Perhaps that's too cryptic for folks, or to difficult to find.  But it's
there.  Myself, I tend to believe that it's incumbent on anyone wishing
to use a tool or service to learn for him or herself how to use it
properly.

--
Doug Loss              Unquestionably, there is progress.
drloss@xxxxxxxxxx      The average American pays out twice