Re: [school-discuss] OT: Failure to unsubscribe properly: a case of learned helplessness

--- Doug Loss <drloss@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 but the unsubscription instructions are included
> in
> every message, in this header line:

> unsubscribe
> schoolforge-discuss
>
> Perhaps that's too cryptic for folks, or to difficult to find.

Cryptic not, but yes, it is difficult to find for people like myself, I
am sure I am not alone, who read  mail with "full headers" off as
default.

>Myself, I tend to believe that it's incumbent on anyone wishing
to use a tool or service to learn for him or herself how to use it
properly.<

I believe it is incumbent of the implementer to provide clear and
adequate instruction., not on the learner to learn without appropriate
instruction.

Though I guess the owners of the "Idiot Guides" would disagree!

M.