Re: [school-discuss] Free Software v. Open Source

Hello,

2008/4/20, Joel Kahn <jj2kk4@xxxxxxxxx>:
> The arguments over how to present FLOSS
> concepts to various audiences are, of course,
> very old in computer years. For reference,
> here are links to a couple of the oldest
> relevant documents in the debate:
>
> http://www.catb.org/~esr/open-source.html
>
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html

Thanks for the links! Let me add one to an email from Bruce Perens,
one year after he and Eric Raymond launched the OSI:

Like him, I object any chism, but I think the issue of freedom will
always be essential and should not be forgotten.

Greetings,

Guido