[school-discuss] LMS & patent issues

With what Steve mentioned - "We do discuss the current patent issue
toward the end of the interview."

I've been seeing a lot of news about this over the last few days.  I
just found this article from yesterday as well, which mentions that
Sakai & the Software Freedom Law Center (SFLC) with Eben Moglen are
going to be taking a look at this issue.

As far as the patent issues relating to LMS's and are concerned with
open source, IMO, this seems like the effort to get behind & support.

http://www.sakaiproject.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=442&Itemid=312

Also, this guy Michael Feldstein has been on top of this as it has
developed..I've been checking out his blog.

http://mfeldstein.com/