[school-discuss] Just a thought.

I just wanted to mention that I had been working with private collages and schools <mostly moodle>. I?m in eastern KY and the junior collage system <KCTCS> state wide just went to black board considering all the issues with there new software?. In any case the state here is all Microsoft as far as official software even at the local level I was told I could have the Linux server connected directly to the network as it was a security risk. I was wondering if any one out there has dealt with KY much on open source and could give us some pointers, right now it seem only the private schools are looking at OSS/FOSS in this area.