[school-discuss] New Hardware

Recently, my father-in-law got himself a new computer.
The machine has--among *many* other goodies--a quad-core
processor and three gigabytes of RAM. Yes, you read that
correctly. The box came preloaded with Windows Vista
Ultimate. I'm thinking that this monster PC would have
a great deal of potential for FLOSS experimentation,
and he seems to be prepared to at least discuss this.
I'm open to suggestions from any interested parties.

Joel

that gives answers, not web links.