Re: [school-discuss] Looking for Equation Editors for Linux

There are a lot of useful comments here, if you have the
patience to find them.

  http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/07/29/0039201

-Don

David M. Bucknell wrote:
Dear Colleagues,

I have had a request from teachers of mathematicas for a replacement for MS Equation Editor.

Among the offerings I´ve been looking at are: http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~abatko/gnu/migration/www.sot.com/en/migration/migration.shtml

I´ve also downloaded (because I didn´t read carefully) Math Cast -- win only.

I´ve downloaded MathEQ from MIT (30 day trial).

Looks like Open Office Math is worth learning?
Also Amaya?

Anyone with experience regarding the most fruitful choice on which to spend time?

Many thanks in advance,

David

--
Don Christensen       Senior Software Development Engineer
djc@xxxxxxxxx         Cisco Systems             Austin, TX