[school-discuss] Looking for Equation Editors for Linux

Dear Colleagues,

I have had a request from teachers of mathematicas for a replacement for MS Equation Editor.

Among the offerings I´ve been looking at are: http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~abatko/gnu/migration/www.sot.com/en/migration/migration.shtml

I´ve also downloaded (because I didn´t read carefully) Math Cast -- win only.

I´ve downloaded MathEQ from MIT (30 day trial).

Looks like Open Office Math is worth learning?
Also Amaya?

Anyone with experience regarding the most fruitful choice on which to spend time?

Many thanks in advance,

David

--
ITEACHNET.ORG