Re: [school-discuss] OLPC Update

Well, it's only 500 laptops or so, but I'm glad at least that it was Sugar, not WinXP, although they sure didn't go out of their way to advertise that, nor put any screenshots in the main media publicity.

Note that Sugar build 703 (what they used) corrupts SD cards, hope the Niueians (sp?) don't have a lot of photos to upload...

But a good start, nonetheless!  Daniel

Joel Kahn wrote:
I guess this represents a sort of milestone (however modest) in the One Laptop Per Child project:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080822/tc_afp/lifestyleniueeducationtechnology

Which country will be next to reach the 1:1 student to
computer ratio on a national level?

Joel

--
Daniel Howard