Re: [school-discuss] OS4ED Release bAlert

> From:   	 "Casey Adams" <casey@xxxxxxxxx>
>  To:  	 schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>  Date:  	 Thu, 6 Dec 2007 14:42:18 -0500
>  Subject:  	 Re: [school-discuss] OS4ED Release bAlert
>
> Hi Justin,
>
> This one of our paid services.
[snip]
> While the entire solution is built on open source, we do have to charge to
> cover the infrastructure cost.
What infrastructure might that be? You do realize that claiming you have to charge for open-source software is waving a red flag? The real issue is what restrictions you place on the recipient. For example, the GPL guarentees redistribution rights downstream.
--
Gary Dunn, Honolulu
knowtree@xxxxxxxxx