From: Marilyn Hagle <marilyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 7:23:42 AM
Subject: Re: [school-discuss] Taking requests

Cool.

The rendering farm consists of a server machine and slave machines (I am a
teacher, not a system administrator, so my terminology will be in the
vernacular).  :)  The server machine has two network cards - one faces the WAN
and one goes to a separate hub that connects the slave machines.

There are a couple of live CDs that automatically create clusters that almost
did the job.  One is Pelican * that is the new Parallel Knoppix.  The one I
liked better is called Instant Grid.  Instant Grid is setup to create a render
farm using PovRay.  However, the connections between PovRay and Blender and
Cinelerra are not user friendly.  I was not able to get them to work.

If you could use an Instant Grid system with Dr. Queue and if it would render
projects from Blender and Cinelerra - that would be fabulous!!

I am looking for a system to use personally, but also a user-friendly one I can
share with other teachers.

Thanks!

Marilyn

:)