Re: [school-discuss] draft of Feb press release

(Terminology used explained below January 2002)
January 2001
------------
Non-Unique Hits - 65,974
Unique Hits - 17,748
Files - 52,750
Total KB - 976,649

January 2002
------------
Non-Unique Hits - 209,993
Unique Hits - 44,558
Files - 177,500
Total KB - 2,971,412

Terminology
-----------
Non-Unique Hits:  These count multiple web hits from the same IP address
during the same day -- Therefore if someone hits the website 100 times
during the same day, all 100 hits count for this category.  This is roughly
equivalent to the total number of lines in the access_log file for the month.

Unique Hits:  These count a single web hit from a single IP address per
day.  These totals are closer to the actual number of visitors for the
month.  The same IP can visit multiple times during the month (ie, they
could visit all 31 days of the month, and all 31 visits would count).

Files:  The total number of files downloaded for the month.

Total KB:  The bandwidth utilized by visitors to the website.

Michael