>       advocate
>       agent
>       aide
>       guardian
>       helper
>       pathfinder
>       patron
>       sponsor

"advocate" and "guardian" sound too much like legal terms. "Agent"
sounds like you're advocating cloak-and-dagger techniques.
"Student's
aide" sounds more like a teacher's helper. "Patron" and "sponsor"
sound like somebody who is giving them money.

What's left? Helper, pathfinder. Of these two, I think "helper" is
too broad. Hmmm... "pathfinder". I probably wouldn't have thought of

it, but it does have kind of a nice sound to it.  I guess my vote
goes there.

--
Kyle Hutson /  Director of Technology  / Rock Creek Schools:  USD323

smyle@rockcreek.k12.ks.us                               785-494-8591

Actually I am a laboratory mouse posing as an engineer as part of an

               elaborate plot to take over the world