Re: [school-discuss] What's in a name?

El Vie 22 Feb 2002 20:19, escribió:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 10:17:03AM -0800, Chris Calise wrote:
> > Too alternative for kids, at least my kid. She's a real conservative at
> > thirteen. Must be the times!
>
> I'm glad I'm sticking with "guide" then, for your 13yo's sake.  "Guide"
> positively reeks of conservatism.
>
> Ben

Well, I have 3 minutes of my life to spend in this "linguistic" issue.
IMO, paedagogus is a nice and yet valid name, because, although the means
have changed, no longer the classes are drawn in the sand, or in a
blackboard, the idea is yet the same. You can say "digital" paedagogus, if
you want to stress this "change".

Obviously, this opinion is circunscribed within my culture , the Spanish, a
bit reluctant to create new "bombastic" words, and trying to reuse old ones.
I guess, a frenchman or an englishman have less fear to add a new word to the
dictionary:
"profelogiciel" or "computeacher" comes to my mind in these 3 minutes of
insanity.

----
MGA