Re: [school-discuss] <gcompris release 5.0>

Congratulations, Bruno!

I've added your post to news.schoolforge.net

Many thanks for you and your group's hard work.

Sincerely,

David

Quoting Bruno Coudoin <bruno.coudoin@free.fr>:

> Here are the latest news about gcompris in the version 5.0:
>
> Now gcompris rely on GTK only. No more GNOME.
> - Note that gcompris_edit still rely on gnome and so the rpm package
>   will still require gnome.
> - Added a new melody activity where the kid must repeat a sound
>   sequence.(By Jose Jorge)
> - Added a new simple billard activity where the kid must push a ball in
>   a hole. The speed and direction of the ball depends on the click
>   location on the ball.
> - Added a new draw the symmetry activity. It's that same a the redaw
>   activity but the symmetry must be drawn.
> - Erase activity has been changed to add more complexity by letting the
>   kid erase twice and 3 times the same block (By Zsolt).
> - At several place, the repeat icon is now dependant of the current
>   activity. It makes it more meaningfull.
> - Documentation have been updated.
> - Added a trace mecanism. When gcompris is run, a new file named
>   $HOME/.gcompris.log will report the PASSED or FAILED on each activity
>   and the playing duration.
> - Several boards now use fonts instead of pixmaps for letter/number
>   display.
> - Uptated translation: Czech, Deutsch Spanish Finish Dutch French Irish
>   Portuguese Russian Slovak Serbian
>

> More info about gcompris at:
> http://ofset.sf.net/gcompris
>
> Bruno.

Assistant Academic Director and
Technology Department Head
Rose Marie Academy
http://www.rose-marie.ac.th

This message was sent from an iteachnet.org hosted server using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.