[school-discuss] software to demo = LyX

Robin,

I just learned about LyX last spring.  I teach 9th grade students at all
academic levels.  We use LyX for writing reports and letters.  When a
student does a report it LyX, it formats it beautifully =  giving it a
cover page, and bibliography page at the end.  It also automatically
puts in the date and numbers the pages.  The other teachers are pleased
to receive reports written in LyX.

Marilyn

>>> robin@bilkent.edu.tr 02/21/04 8:08 AM >>>
Marilyn Hagle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a K-12 teacher person.
>
> I have seen OpenOffice, The Gimp, Moziilla, and all of the Knoppix
> flavor CDs mentioned.  I use the former in class and send the CDs home
> with the kids.  They are wonderful.
>
> I also want to mention LyX - which is such a great writing tool and
very
> easy to use.

I'm a big LyX fan, but this is the first time I've seen it being used in

a K-12 context rather than in universities (where LaTeX is popular in
maths and hard sciences).  How do students and teachers react to LyX?

Robin

--
"Caesar non supra grammaticos." - Suetonius

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533