Re: [school-discuss] Linux in Government: Setting Up a Linux Desktop in a Small Office Network | Linux Journal

Nice article!

I have a related question for whomever wants to jump in re: SAMBA 3.
In SAMBA vers 2.x I have experienced issues with data corruption when
hosting Access data files (.mdb), and I have spoken with others who
have had this issue as well. One solution which supposed to have
worked, but which I never tried, was to disable opportunistic file
locking through smb.conf (i believe). Does anyone know how SAMBA 3
behaves in the presence of access?

John