[school-discuss] Favorite Open Source Software

Really enjoyed reading the list of Open Source programs at the Schoolforge site.  If anyone else has some lists recommending Open Source software, I hope you'll share the links to them.

I have my own list of favorite Open Source and freeware programs at http://www.distasis.com/cpp/osrclist.htm  I think it has some programs not mentioned in the Schoolforge list.  Just thought I'd share the link in case anyone's interested.  There's also a link at the end of the page to an article on creating music using Open Source software and resources such as abcmidi, abcm2ps, Timidity, freepats, etc.

Sincerely,
Laura