Re: [school-discuss] M$ Bloatware &

On Feb 20, 2008 5:43 AM, Joel Kahn <jj2kk4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> example. The increasingly desperate antics of M$ just make
> FLOSS look better and better by contrast.

Too true.

In fact, I just had a conversation yesterday with a Japanese IT
company that we use for network devices. They recently merged with
another company, and now they are selling systems like servers and
services. I saw MS on their pamphlet, and I asked if they are selling
Linux solutions as well. They said no, that there isn't a market in
Japan for selling it, and then they agreed with me that people use it
everywhere and that the MS server licenses are too expensive and too
complex. So even Japan, which has always gone with the biggest fish in
the pond, is getting fed up with MS licensing crap.

--
Micheal Cooper
Miyazaki, Japan (GMT+9, no DST)