Re: [school-discuss] ltsp server specs question

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:14:45AM -0500, William Fragakis wrote:
> Go gigabit as far as you can - things like Flash, Youtube, etc
> take a tremendous amount of bandwidth.

JFYI, fullscreen quake3 or video on a 1280x1024 monitor ate
~40--70Mbps as was measured by my colleague.  It's bare X11
(LTSP4 style, also in ALTSP) though, not LTSP5's ssh tunnel.

> When you run into any sort of problem, Google and those lists
> above are definitely your friend.

Well, they're also helpful to avoid that kind of runs altogether
;-)

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
###