[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: [school-discuss] 3D printing software
On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 12:52:20PM -0500, LM wrote:
> One other thing I noticed while I was updating the Schoolforge site
> for some of these programs.
Here's Dmitry's reply (I've bounced your query to him and you'll
hopefully receive his message in its original form either):
Actually, now we use:
- Repetierhost as a primary printing host software;
- OctoPrint also looks promising as a web based printing host (not
actually use, but going to);
- Slic3r as a primary slicer (Skeinforge is too complicated for
- Skeinforge as a precise slicer;
- Free-CAD for visual approach to technical modeling;
- OpenSCAD (Masterpiece!) for scripted modeling (integration with
- Blender for non-technical modeling (mostly);
- Makehuman for humanoid models design;
- Meshlab for models debugging;
- GLC_Player as a 3d files viewer.
The last two are not in Sisyphus yet, btw.
---- WBR, Michael Shigorin / http://altlinux.org
------ http://opennet.ru / http://anna-news.info
To unsubscribe from the schoolforge-discuss mailing list:
Send an e-mail message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with no subject
and a body of "unsubscribe schoolforge-discuss"