[school-discuss] Posting addresses and "Nobody"

You've probably noticed a number of messages to this mailing list from "Nobody." That's because when anyone posts a message to the list that isn't "From:" an address subscribed to the list, it bounces to the list owner (me) for approval. I of course dump all the spam (there's a lot) and pass on the messages of interest to the list. I recently switched to GNUmail.app as my MUA (email client). It appears to somehow work differently than every other email client I've ever used in that when I approve and forward a message it doesn't show as coming from the actual sender but as coming from "Nobody." If anyone has any idea of how to rectify this (other than switching to another email program; I've figured that out already, and may do so if nothing else works), please let me know. In the meantime, it's probably best to subscribe to the list with the actual address you'll be sending messages from. That way your messages will get directly to the list without depending on me noticing them. There are occasions when I don't have a chance to check my email every few minutes (I know, that's hard to believe, but there it is).

--
How valuable is my contribution? Share your feedback at Affero:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss All you need in this life is
drloss@suscom.net ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
Mark Twain