Re: [school-discuss] Lindows offered to educational sector

Matt Jezorek wrote:

While this is a good thing for more vendors to push into the Educational market this also brings bad feelings. Not only because I am working on Blue Linux but also because I am afraid that Lindows might bring a bad taste to some users mouth. There are issues (e.g Default login as root with no pass) that brings fears on opening up the school networks, and systems to the public. Is this something schoolforge itself can respond to. I was planning on responding in some way but I dont know if I should. Any ideas? Suggestions?

Maybe not in public but review the os itself for issues that might bring problems to schools and address them one by one directly with Lindows? I am all for more vendors jumping in on education because that spreads the news and helps in the long run. I dont know something about Lindows moving into education makes me a bit nervous