[school-discuss] Open Source in Education Conference

As an introduction to the list my name is James Spedding and I work for Anglia Polytechnic University in the UK. Amongst other things we support schools using open source software and develop solutions to school requirements.

We have organised a National Conference running on 4th April 2003 to explore the use of Open Source
software in UK Primary and Secondary Education Institutions.

Representatives from BECTA, E-Envoy's office, DfES, and LEA's will be attending as well as a broad range of ICT teachers and managers from Primary and Secondary Schools. The speakers include Prof. Stephen Heppell of Ultralab, Diana Laurillard of DfES, Malcolm Herbert of RedHat and Roger Whittaker of SuSE along with ICT teaching professionals who are already using Open Source.

The website address for the conference is:
http://www.mpowernet.anglia.ac.uk/conference/

It is open to all, though places are limited. The price for the day is £79+VAT.

Please contact me on (01245) 226930 or visit the website if you are interested.

Sorry for the pitch, but I'm sure it will be an important day for bringing together the users of OS with the decision-makers and those who are considering using Open Source.